PefTbl Fine Tuning
MP Tune has a feature to assist you in the fine tuning of the PefTbl.
Basically, this feature takes in detailed AFR log data with corresponding MAP and RPM data (required); compares that data to the AFR that you should have based on the WOT fuel table; calculates the error; and shows you a guideline for correction on the PefTbl table display. You can then decide how to adjust the PefTbl to best fit the 'corrected' PefTbl guideline.
- Turbonator calibration setup in MP Tune with the AFR guidelines
- Good AFR data in .csv (comma-separated-values) format. If you have the data in a text or Excel file, this is easy to convert.
- 'Good' AFR data in this case means the data is all WOT (preferably), not mixed WOT + P/T; and with consistent boost and throttle position. Transient fuel from changing throttle or boost; or O2 feedback, will introduce error to this process. The AFR data can come from MP Tune or from an outside logger, the data source is not important.
- The most important point is that the data MUST be applied to the cal that was used when the data was being recorded. Applying the data to a cal that has had either the fuel tables or the PefTbl edited, will result in an incorrect guideline.
Example AFR data in .csv format:
RPM, MAP, AFR 4400,16.96,11.64 4450,17.20,11.79 4500,17.34,11.65 4550,17.50,11.63 4600,17.47,11.61
- Open the cal that was used to log the AFR data.
- Open the Wideband Tuning Tool.
- Import the WB data, save, and close the editor.
- Now you have a guideline on the PefTbl showing you the 'error'.
- Retune the PefTbl as desired and save.